In the summer 2016 edition of TCOG, take a closer look at small-scale production of spelt, hemp and other grains, how sprouting improves livestock fodder while reducing costs, how one small-scale dairy farmer found success in artisan cheesemaking, and a Q&A with the Swedish inventor of CombCut, the machine that’s making a big difference in weed management.
Plus, find out about:
- How to process and preserve sea buckthorn berries;
- The latest research from Guelph on growing organic bitter melon in high tunnels;
- Carbon farming, fibresheds and the rise of locally produced clothes;
- Why growing organic is good for climate change;
- The crucial role of crop rotations in organic farming;
- How one farm is helping to fight urban food insecurity in Montreal; and
- Book reviews, classifieds and the latest additions to our national lending library.